Monday, October 17, 2011

I am the FEARLESS FICKLER!!!

This probably goes without saying, but "The Fearless Fickler" is not my real name. I struggle to think of a single person who would do that to their child, and my parents are no exception.

I'm your average twenty something superwoman at the beginning of the 21st century. I have superpets, a superhusband named Mr. Wonderful, and a variety of superinterests. Don't worry, not everything in this blog will begin with "super".
We own our home, and like millions of other Americans we're up to our eyes in debt, though we purchased AFTER the bubble burst so I suppose it would be more like "up to our waists in debt", a fact that we are constantly thankful for. We live in California, and are currently moving through the last of the summer heat. I was born and raised in California, and with the exception of a brief stint overseas during college I've never lived anywhere else. I love it here. I love the diversity of everything; the people, the food, the weather, the landscape. I love the nooks and crannies and opinions. I love the history and the lifestyle. I love being young and free and alive. And I love working with my hands and trying new things.

Unassuming as I may be, I have a number of unusual hobbies and a some unusual experiences under my belt, and I'm always looking for more. My goal is to be fearless within reason in trying new things - like not being afraid to make a wrong cut or paint a wrong color or make a complete fool of myself - and to look at each situation and realize exactly what there is to be afraid of. My goal is also to recognize and celebrate that the things that I have learned, or want to learn to do, are an important part of me. Each hobby or project I undertake will appeal to some part of me and even if I cycle through them like the revolving door at Macy's (and I probably will, after all that's where I get my name), that's okay because it's fun and valuable to try new things and know how stuff works. These are things that make me a better person, and are not in any way a waste.
By the way, if any of you are currently attempting to google "fickler" looking for a definition, don't. "Fickler", while hilarious, isn't technically a word and was coined by my dearest friend, The Mysterious Pearl during a conversation that we had over gchat recently. Observe:
TMP: had to reboot,  all better now. So how is your day going?
me: Pretty good. I'm going to start a blog. What should I call it?
TMP: that depends, what is the blog about?
me: I'm thinking somehting with the word "Fearless" in it. Just my life and adventures in fickleness.
Involving crafting and my varying interests.
TMP: fickleness and fearlessness huh
the fearless fickler
me: hahaha
Nice!
The Adventures of the Fearless Fickler

And so it begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment